This committee plans events at the Studio on Daisy Hill to provide consistent events aimed at engaging the residential community.
They meet regularly with related KU Dining staff, seeking to increase knowledge of their services and sales in their space.
This committee’s mission is to activate the buildings owned and operated by the KU Memorial Union Corporation with significant emphasis on the Kansas Union.
These events should encourage students to enjoy a daybreak and spend time in the space.
They are expected to regularly communicate with KU Dining, KU Bookstore, and Event Services to collaborate as able.
This committee maintains the operations of the Kansas Union Gallery, showcasing a variety of local, regional, and national talent and engaging KU students with the displayed art.
They work with the School of Visual Arts in the spring semester to host Senior Solo Shows in order to provide graduating visual arts majors with the unique opportunity to host a solo show.
- This committee's mission is to provide a diverse selection of music, comedic, and popular culture related entertainment, ranging from local and regional talent to nationally recognized acts.
The committee is responsible for planning events related to KU spirit.
Events may include: spirit buses, watch parties (Big XII), Rally Weeks, Homecoming involvement, camping group, student tailgate, KU relays, biggest fan contest, events for campers, cosmic bowling and sports-related events.
- Responsible for planning and executing a year-round membership drive through marketing efforts and outreach to campus organizations and departments.
- Responsible for building a strong overall membership with adequate members on all committees.
- Responsible for the communication of member expectations before a new member joins the organization.Responsible for providing adequate training for all members through a new member engagement program and on-going retreats, workshops, and opportunities.
- Has on-going communication of member responsibilities, expectations, and opportunities.
- Coordinates and facilitates outside workshops, training, and conference opportunities
- Working with Director for all areas of event and organization promotion including management of social media accounts, ensuring fliers are produced and distributed as needed, newsletters, and creative promotional activities.
- Liaison with the Kansas Union Marketing Department for cross-promotional opportunities.
- Stay current on trends and best practices in marketing
- Identify opportunities within SUA operations and events for sponsorship
- Maintain an up-to-date database of potential and current donors
- Communicate with potential and current donors to secure additional organization resources
- Mindful attention to diversifying the offerings of SUA by ensuring current partners increase SUA’s ability to provide diverse and inclusionary events throughout the course of the year
- Keep a record of all SUA cosponsorship agreements
- Ensure that committees are aware of all partnerships and cosponsorships
- Maintain an up-to-date database of potential and current partnerships and cosponsorships
- Manage the collection of SUA event attendee data through channels such as paper and digital surveys and Rock Chalk Central
- Work with Director of Marketing and Engagement to solicit feedback and opinions from current student body to inform future event decisions.
- Provide a weekly update on data trends to the full membership
- Prepare quarterly reports on data in relation to student organizational goals and needs