SUA’s mission is to enrich the college experience by providing diverse, interactive, and educational programming and leadership opportunities for the KU community. As a student leader in SUA, you have the opportunity to not only program events that affect the entire student body but also have the opportunity to develop skills you can use after you have left KU.
SUA student leaders have planned events at KU for over 85 years. From concerts such as Chance the Rapper and HAIM, comedians like Trevor Noah, and production events like UnionFest, SUA maintains a long tradition of keeping the KU student body interested and engaged in a variety of entertaining and educational events.
SUA Leadership Requirements
- Must be enrolled in at least one credit hour at KU (six is required if the student would like to receive the Academic Support Scholarship)
- Have at least a 2.3 cumulative GPA at the time of application
- Maintain a 2.3 Semester GPA
- Complete 12 office hours (Vice Presidents) and 15 hours (President)
- Serve as voting members on the KU Memorial Corporation Board of Directors (as assigned)
- Each Executive Officer advises one or two SUA committees
- Executive members serve on the committee to select new executive officers for the next year’s board
- One officer must live in Lawrence during the summer
- Complete ten office hours every week school is in session
- Hold weekly committee meetings
- Be responsible for communication with committee, union offices, university offices, and student organizations
- Complete five office hours every week school is in session
- Attend weekly committee meetings
- Assist coordinator in his or her duties
- In the absence of the coordinator, run committee meetings and events
Student Union Activities Fall 2023 Leadership Applications for Kansas Union Gallery Coordinator and Large Entertainment Assistant Coordinator were closed. If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com.